This is the time of year many families schedule their annual furnace tune up. We can’t assume, however, that everyone knows what is involved in a furnace tune up or why it is important. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of eight questions and answers about an annual furnace tune up.
Common FAQ’s about
- What is an annual furnace tune up? An annual tune up is an inspection and cleaning of your furnace that should include routine HVAC maintenance. It can also uncover any impending problems. It should ensure your furnace is operating efficiently and safely.
- When should I schedule an annual furnace tune up? An annual furnace tune up can occur at any time but most families schedule them in the fall. This generally ensures that a furnace is good to go for the upcoming cold weather season.
- What is involved in a furnace tune up? This will likely depend on the company that performs the furnace tune up. It most often includes a furnace filter change, cleaning, check of electrical connections and voltage, lubrication of moving parts, inspection of the condensate drain, chimney, and flue, fan belt tension, thermostat performance, checking burners and ignition, conducting a carbon monoxide test, and more.
- Why is a furnace tune up important? A furnace tune up is important for not only for the safety of your family but to also make sure your furnace will perform as intended throughout the cold weather months. It can also help your furnace run more efficiently.
- Can I perform a furnace tune up on my own? While there may be some aspects of a tune up you can conduct on your own, like changing the furnace filter, unless you have the proper equipment and training it is not likely you can do one yourself.
What should I expect to pay for a furnace tune up? While you may see furnace tune up coupons advertising $39 or $49 specials, be cautious. Many time these coupon specials are nothing more than a way for an HVAC company to get into your home to recommend more extensive repairs or services. Make sure you select an experienced company with a solid reputation.
Through Aprilaire, we are offering the following tune-up special:
- Is a an annual furnace tune up worth it? A furnace tune up provides several valuable results:
- It can save energy costs. A tuned furnace will operate more efficiently and effectively using less energy. This will save you energy and money.
- It can keep you and your family safer. A gas furnace that isn’t operating properly can can give off lethal levels of carbon monoxide and even pose a fire hazard.
- A furnace tune up can prevent inconvenient breakdowns. A fall furnace tune up can detect developing problems and resolve them before they create a shutdown. This can avoid a breakdown in the middle of a cold winter night.
- It can extend the life of your furnace. Keeping your furnace clean and tuned up puts less stress on it. This will result in a longer lifespan for your HVAC equipment.
8. Why should I choose Althoff Industries for a furnace tune up? Althoff Industries has been serving the Chicago area for over 50 years. Our technicians are highly trained and have the latest testing equipment. Each tune up conducted is thorough and intended to give you peace of mind. We stand behind our work.
An annual furnace inspection should be a part of your home’s routine maintenance program. A thorough tune up can provide real value and even pay for itself in energy and repair costs. This fall, we invite you to schedule your furnace tune up with the professionals at Althoff Industries.