Normal daily activities within a home such as cooking, showering and washing hands can add as much as 25 pounds of moisture to the air. Your home’s a/c system is designed to control air temperature not humidity. A dehumidifier can help control the humidity in your home and is installed as part of your home’s heating and cooling system.
Reasons to Install a Dehumidifier
Common problems associated with too much humidity include:
- Appearance of indoor condensation on windows, doors, walls and mirrors
- Increased mold and mildew growth
- Rooms appear to have a musty smell
- Warped wood floors, trim or doors
- Skin feels clammy in winter and sticky in the summer
Benefits of Whole Home Dehumidifiers
Dehumidifiers reduce the amount of moisture in your air, which helps protect your health, the structural components of your home and your furniture.
- Automatic humidity sensing: allows for better monitoring and control of humidity
- Convenient, quiet operation: away from your living space
- Low maintenance dehumidifier: simple annual filter cleaning
- Fresh air ventilation: automatically removes or dilutes polluted air
Dehumidification Options from Althoff
Althoff offers whole home dehumidification that is installed as part of a homes current HVAC system. A dehumidifier works in conjunction with your air conditioner, or independently as needed, to remove the ideal amount of moisture to solve the above listed problems. Stop worrying about your home containing too much humidity or becoming too dry, a dehumidifier from Althoff works to provide an ideal climate within your home.
To learn more about our dehumidifiers, contact us today.
- Removes up to 95 pints of moisture per day
- Coverage for homes up to 5200 square feet
- Made in USA
- 5 year warranty